Our Purpose: With loving reverence, we extend the fruit of our hands, to the needs of this world, for the peace, happiness, joy and contentment of all creation and toward a socially just, environmentally sustainable and spiritually fulfilling future.
The Need: Working to the disadvantage and destruction of life, humanity is living out an old story of the severability and separation of life. Much materail invention and progress has been developed in the manufacturing of this story. But, in its’, the “Market” has become God and monied consumerism the dominate global religion. The product of this old “story” is global warming, loss of habitat, species extinctions, ocean acidification, unsustainable consumption wealth inequality, etc.. We need a deeper source of values and meaning that is present in all of the world’s great religious traditions and confirmed in quantum physics - any sense we might have that our physical self is is separate for the world is an illusion fostered by a lack of understanding of the actual character of physical reality. Einstein said: “ . . .a human being is a part of the whole, called by us ‘the universe’ ” We are in an interdependent, fluid organic dance with the planet - a web of relationships in which no part stands alone. What is the substance of a ‘new story’ that we can write with others.
What we Seek: We seek to join with others in the global movement of religious / sacred environmentalism, wherein the following, among other things are valued:
1. nurturing people in their relationships with the sacredness of all of life.
2. renewing and healing the earth as a mother would her injured child.
3. creating sustainable ways to produce and consume.
4. supporting new laws that recognize the “personhood’ of our natural worlds
5. suspending practices harmful to life and supporting balanced living
6. investing in socioeconomic justice and ecological sustainablitlgy.
7. deep, healing alignment with native Americans whose heritage with the land has been denigrated by genocide and injustice by settlers and the US Government. Their cultures and very existence are intertwined , through, ceremony and way of life, with the
Our Invitation: Please join us in the “Love our Earth Project ” - an activity of members of the American Haidakhan Samaj